BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 3 September 2008

The Strangers..

This is possibly one of the scariest films I've ever seen (admittedly...I haven't seen many scary films but that kind of takes away from the scariness of it...)

I was apprehensive from the mere mention of this film. But, I decided to not be a big girl wuss, or a spoilsport, so I went along with it, telling myself that it 'really can't be that bad anyway'! Boy...was I wrong!

It started off innocently enough, easing us all into it. But then it just snowballed! It's far more of a suspense film than gore and obvious frights (but it has that too). It really uses music as a frightener, and you knew, when you heard the music come on, that something bad was going to happen!

I'm not going to say too much about it, because one of my many readers (!) may be going to see it and I wouldn't want to spoil it! But don't go expecting a fluffy 'so unscary it's almost funny' film...this one had me screaming, and jumping and covering my eyes and ears on more than one occasion!!

I was discussing it with one of the people I saw it with afterwards, and we both agreed that the fact that it was based on true events, and the whole 'motive' behind it were the scariest aspects of it. Usually how I get through a scary film is to tell myself 'it never happened, it's just a story!'. Knowing this did....well...that's what got me!

I'm going to stop rambling now, no doubt someone will be able to do a far better review of it!!

3 comments:

Lottie said...

I want to see this so I will have to come back and read the review later.

Darren said...

I love love love horror movies. Looking forward tot his one.

Oh, will you come see Saw V with me when it comes out? Lottie won't go.

Daily Daydreamer said...

Emm...there's less than no chance of me going to see that!

But thanks for the request!