BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 21 April 2009

Have you ever thrown a fistful of glitter in the air?

"This used to be a funhouse
But now it's full of evil clowns

9, 8, 7, 6 5 4, 3, 2, 1, fun"

No doubt about it, P!nk knows how to put on a show, and how to do it well. Last night's concert was one of the best I've ever been to. If not THE best.

I should probably say something about the support act.. (who was NOT Lady GaGa as I had been told - disgusted is not even the word..guh.) They were enjoyable, but much the same as any other support group...the songs blended into each other, they got the crowd going by making numerous references to the headline act, and they stayed on a little bit too long. They also came on late, which resulted in the already impatient 'mosh pit' becoming irritated and more bitchy than necessary. (check them out here: Raygun Myspace page)

But, anyway, they came, they sang, we jumped and whooped, and they were gone.

Then, I decided to take a little trip to the paramedic. Yep...I nearly fainted BEFORE P!nk even came on. That's how hardcore I am. If it's never happened to you...almost fainting in the pit, and being hauled over the barrier is rather horrible..and embarrassing. And there is no graceful way to do it..(always wanted to try it though, so I suppose I can tick it off my 'to do' list..)
After the paramedic was happy that I was ok, and had given out to me for trying to live off a yoghurt for the day, he sent me back out to the crowd to fend for myself..

And so the show really began!

The stage was like a carnival funhouse (go figure) on steroids, complete with slides, and huge, creepy inflated clown and devil court jester type things. She performed all the favourites, including a truly gorgeous acoustic version of Family Portrait, which resulted in a few tears from the people around me.


It's these parts of the concert that show you just how much talent this girl really has. She doesn't have to rely on flashy lights and sparkly costumes...all she had at that time was two backing singers, and an acoustic guitar, and it really was captivating.

Unsurprisingly though, my absolute favourite part was when all the circus acts appeared. Acrobats, Cord Lisse performers, and P!nk herself on a trapeze way above the crowd. Of course, due to my love and obsession of all things circus, I was instantly spellbound. I don't think I heard half of what she sang, I was just too busy watching everything. Again, she surpassed all by singing live (and she was live, you could hear her voice catching every so often, it wasn't recorded..) while flinging herself from a trapeze, somersaulting and spinning through the air.

And, as if all that wasn't good enough, she completed it all with a brilliant cover of Bohemian Rhapsody (I'm wondering how many casualties were caused by the simultaneous head banging..), and the finale, with my song of the moment, Glitter In The Air (which you can hear in my previous blog, by the way..)


She's coming back in October to do it all again, I'm seriously considering going to it, and I would recommend everyone else go to it too. It's spectacular!

5 comments:

r said...

Oh WOW you lucky thing getting to go!!! Seriosuly tempted to go in October. She is amazing

Daily Daydreamer said...

@R - Definitely go! It's a spectacular show!

B said...

i lik3 6he 2bd and 3rd album a lot but i cannot understand how shes so big still, doesn't do much press or anything

Daily Daydreamer said...

@B - She doesn't need to? Loyal fans and her songs are good!

White Rabbit said...

I love Pink live. Gutted I missed this tour